Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to The Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I was so excited to see this week's topic! I love collecting quotes and started when I was in high school. I have them written everywhere - in notebooks or on post-its and napkins. The challenge comes in just picking ten! I could probably go on and on all day with quotes, but I decided to choose some from some of my favorite authors and books. So, here they are. My Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes.

"'One must always be careful of books,' said Tessa, 'and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.'" ~ Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


"Of course it is happening in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"                               ~ Dumbledore,  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling



"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." ~ Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature." ~Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen


Reading or watching, this part  makes me happy

"I don't want sunbursts or marble halls, I just want you." ~ Anne Shirley, Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery





"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain!" ~ Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling

"My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes." ~ Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (This quote perfectly captures the drama of Anne Shirley - it's one of my favorites. I say it over in times of trial to comfort myself. See what I did there?)

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~ Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling


"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feeling will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ~ Fitzwilliam Darcy, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


"'After all,' Anne had said to Marilla once, 'I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.'" ~ Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery

And now for a bonus quote! It's not from a book per se, but from Jane Austen's letters:

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal."

Jane Austen is my spirit animal.  

2 comments:

  1. You've quoted some of my favorites! I love P&P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all these quotes-great list!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Nerdy Bookcase
Template by These Paper Hearts